Saturday, April 7, 2012

TAO: The Resurrecting Guiding Force

posting Easter Sunday, 2012

From the akashic readings of R. Steiner, we receive knowledge of the spiritual origin of TAO. Modern spiritual science or Anthroposophy which he founded, based as it is on clarity and precise perception, enabled him to do conscious and accurate research into the Akasha. This dissolves any and all boundaries set by natural science. Whoever said that science had to concern itself only with Nature?

To begin with Anthroposophy or spiritual science can on the one hand be intently developed and then be nurtured and translated into life through artistic process. A disciplined schooling of consciousness in ever higher forms of thought through study, research and contemplation as well as nurturing a path of artistic development through creative practice ....is available for any thinking, feeling and willing human being.

In fact we may not all be thinkers and artists but we can surely become these through self-education. Self-education can be aided by another who has prior experience...who knows what to say and also knows how to listen. The fundamental step for oneself is motivation....I wish to change, I will change with my best intentions...I resolve to change...to become more effectively human. How can I learn...? What are the steps which I need to take?

Developing along...the way... the path towards human hood begins with being able...to think, to say and to dwell on this within oneself... 'I am'. This mature deed is essentially an fundamental stage along the Middle Way which is the third principle of the TAO born out of the first two principles Heaven and Earth.

 We of course said 'I am' even in childhood but now as an adult we can now fill that experience with deepening contemplation. We ask "Who am 'I'? Where do 'I' reall come from? Where do 'I' go? Is there only fate...or am 'I' free to create my destiny?"

The powerful first manifestation of TAO amongst humanity long after the beginning of the world, originated in the ancient past during the Atlantean Age. Atlantis, the sunken 'lost continent' once existed in the region covering most of the Atlantic Ocean. The historic existence of a highly developed civilization at its prime was a reality...though it has been for long millennia buried in mystery and wisdom-filled myth and legend.

It's once existence must now become acknowledged...conceptually at least...and recognized for its significant role...and also for the sake of understanding world destiny. Though there are today no physical remains remaining of that time, one can through inner spiritual contemplation...through an inner quiet remembering... along with a acknowledgement of wisdom from the past in the new form of knowledge...spiritual science... create a living imagination with trust in its reality. As for myself as a 14 year old boy, I 'recalled' that it was part of my past. It was a real tangible inner experience in my feeling. Now at 62 I know it in my bones. Anthroposophy has been a guide which has confirmed my feelings. Now I am resolved to fully know more.

The TAO was 'in the beginning' and gave original birth to Heaven and Earth. So TAO existed long before Atlantis. Lao Tzu tells us the following in the following recent translation from the Chinese by Kwan-Yuk Claire Sit...we listen here to Lao Yzu in his very first words of the Tao Te Ching...

A Tao that can be a road is not the eternal Tao.
A name that can connote fame is not the eternal Name.
Wu is named for the origin of all things.
You is named for the mother of all things.
So, ever free of desire, we can see only its manifestations.
These two appear together.
They differ in name, yet are considered the same.
Mystery within mystery,
they are the gateway to all marvels.

From the middle, and onwards towards the later periods of that ancient Atlantean time, the Great TAO was a mighty but peace-loving-sounding which increasingly streamed through all of nature and humanity from all widths and heights of heaven. This TAO resounded not only throughout all of nature, sounding from the stones and watery streams, in the swirling mists, in the rushing wind, but it was also, in this time of paradise, when we received more fully as a gift from the divine, our pure 'dew drop' or drop of the spirit. This 'dew drop' (with the same meaning of 'Tau' in German) is our pure human essence. Today the only real existing remnants of this experience is in our thinking ego...a mere densified contracted materialization of this pure essence. Yes, it has nearly dried up.

This same thinking ego has for most of humanity, each at one's own stage, become a detached abstraction!...mere accumulations of impressions and re-hashing reflections of the outer sense world, of theories and lemur-like beliefs and then also wallowing in very personal emotions and sensual temptations of all sorts. The ego has become entangled and confused and divided from True Spirit, from living nature with its own indwelling Spirit and from the higher Spirit of other human beings by a process of inward-contracting-densification and selfishment.

This deepening condition has evolved into a separation, into ego hood by a karmic necessity. It has occurred for the purpose of individualization. This individualization is a necessary stage in evolving authentic freedom. BUT we, as a collective humanity, have now come to the tipping stage. An illusion of freedom has now caused an attitude which, for the most part, is essentially destructive anti-spirit, anti-nature and anti-social. This condition now dangerously threatens the very existence of humanity and of nature as a whole. every new day humanity and this physical earth is threatened by annihilation.

...When an individual's thinking begins to awaken from confusion, calamity and a nightmarish conditions; when the thinking ego says to itself ..."my true 'I' is more than this earthly I"; when this higher 'I' begins to move and free itself more and more through thinking from its narrow attraction and imprisonment in the brain; when this 'I' even empowers itself by way of a fiery force of the heart through contemplation and meditation...overcoming the coldness and narrowness of one's earthly I ...it enacts a metamorphosis...transforming and rejuvenating itself...this is the striving for authentic freedom...it becomes a process of resurrection!

Every gradual step is a Grail experience however small in the greater picture of evolution. Yes, I believe even Darwin's thinking mind will also evolve next time to newer insights! With all due respect, he may even return as a zoo keeper or a veterinarian!

The individual human being resurrects as by a inner guiding force its own humanity through the power of love in freedom. This inner force is the evolving TAO.

That divine essence once received as a gift into the depths of the 'temple', will little-by-little radiate and stream from within and outward in all directions as like a slowly rising sun. It will re-unite at long last with the 'highest evolving spirit' which is Life itself...the Alpha and Omega...both the origin and re-unifying exulted Principle and Goal of all things True, Beautiful and Good...the Great TAO.
here are following words from RS in 1905:

'That by which I am surrounded today is but a stage which has to be overcome. I must clearly see that this development in which I am involved has a Goal, that I am going to work towards an exulted Goal and that within me there lives a power which spurs me on to come to the Great Goal of TAO.

If I can feel this great force within me and if I can feel that all creatures are aiming towards this great goal, then this force becomes the guiding force rushing towards me in the wind, sounding out of the stones, flashing its light to me from the sun. In the plant it is revealed as the force of growth, in the animal as feeling and perception.

It is the force which will continually create form after form for every exulted aim, through which I know myself to be at one with the whole of nature, which flows out from me and into me with every breath I take, the symbol for the highest evolving spirit which I experience as life itself....I feel this force as TAO."

No comments:

Post a Comment